Estonia is the first country to offer e-Residency, a government-issued digital identity and status that provides access to Estonia’s e-services and transparent business environment
More information about e-Residency: https://e-resident.gov.ee/
Why become an e-resident
If you are granted e-Residency, you will receive a government-issued digital ID card that provides access to e-services.
The majority of e-services currently available to e-residents are business-related as most people choose to apply for e-Residency in order to establish and manage a company online in a transparent business environment - e-Residency works particularly well for entrepreneurs offering location-independent digital services, like freelancers, consultants, digital nomads and solopreneurs.
Benefits of becoming an e-resident
- Digitally sign documents
- Verify the authenticity of signed documents
- Encrypt and send documents securely
- Establish an Estonian company online
- Manage your Estonian company online from anywhere in the world
- Apply for digital business banking and online payment services
- Declare Estonian corporate taxes online
If you're ready, learn more about how to apply.